We spread a culture of talent by attracting and enhancing the best professionals and ensuring a safe and motivating work environment for our people, which represent our most important asset.
People are one of the main pillars of our organization
People are an important source of competitive advantage as each individual contributes to achieving our common goals. In this sense, we feel the responsibility of improving their skills and competencies, attracting the best talents, enhancing their projects and ideas, by favoring the attraction of international profiles and the integration of different cultures.
Diversity together with inclusion are our distinctive features to be promoted with the aim of encouraging and enhancing people active participation and contribution to corporate life, by offering equal opportunities and avoiding any discriminatory approach.
of training per capita
with occupational health and safety management system certified by ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001
New / vacant key positions filled by internal successors
Health and Safety
The safety of our employees comes first
We consider the health and safety of our employees at work as crucially important. That is why we invest resources to provide all the tools and professional training required to create a strong safety culture and to pursue the long-term object of “zero accidents”.
Our main plants have adopted an occupational health and safety management system certified by ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001 international standards awarded by accredited external parties. We have also defined that all operating companies in cement production, concrete production and waste management sectors have to operate with a certified health and safety management system (i.e. ISO 45001). As of 2019, 55% of all operating companies are certified ISO 45001 or OHSAS 18001. The goal set by the Group is to reach 80% coverage by 2025 and 100% by 2030.
The best practices on safety and accident prevention are shared in all our plants.
How we work in accident prevention
- Each plant is subjected to periodic internal controls aimed at highlighting and correcting any risk factors, defining the corrective plans, technical and managerial solutions on equipment, plants, workplaces as well as operating and behavioral methods. The actions and results are the subjects of in-depth analysis during periodic safety meetings at the local level and by central Group bodies.
- The scheduled maintenance of the individual systems is coordinated at Group level, so as to maintain productivity, reliability and safety over time.
- Investments and expenses in safety devices (both individual and factory) and in machinery to maintain a high technological level.
- Internal audits performed by the HSE functions.
- Specialized training: technical-specialist training is carried out in the classroom and through on-the-job coaching and where appropriate with collaborations with external training bodies for the prevention of identified workplace risks and technical skills for the correct use of campaign machinery information and involvement for the empowerment of all employees at all levels
- Improvement and prevention plans: Continuous improvement of the occupational health and safety management system by defining measurable indicators monitored according to pre-established implementation plans.
- Growing attention by the entire Group to the issue of health and safety.
We define a value system for gender equality
In accordance with Danish regulations governing the gender composition of management in large companies, cf. Section 139(a) of the Danish Companies Act and Section 99(b) of the Danish Financial Statements Act, the Group’s policy on gender equality is being extended by recruitment and promotions as the decisive consideration is still to find the best qualified people for all organisational positions.
In order to achieve a balanced management composition the Group is committed to increasing the proportion of female leaders, and in 2020 the work to attract female candidates for senior positions will continue. As the number of employees in the Group’s parent company is fewer than 50, goals and policies have not been formulated for the proportion of females at management level.
The Board of Directors of the Group’s parent company has one female and six male members elected by the Annual General Meeting. The goal is to have two female AGM-elected members before the end of 2021.
The importance of diversity
In a global group, the challenge and opportunity is to raise awareness that diversity, inclusion and multicultural integration are a heritage and a value. Understanding and respecting every cultural and religious identity of our employees is essential to guarantee a collaborative and harmonious work environment.
In Malaysia, for example, we have set up special prayer rooms inside the establishment, which differ according to the religious beliefs of the employees; the consumption of certain food products has been forbidden in full respect of cultural differences.
Our commitment to personal and professional growth
To develop competencies and skills, integrate different knowledge and cultures, preserve and spread knowledge within our Group and promote innovation and creativity: they are the reasons behind the creation of our Academy.
Cementir Academy started in 2017 with the aim to support the development and growth of our organization in alignment with our strategy.