Board of Directors
Bjarne Moltke Hansen | Chairman
Bjarne Moltke Hansen holds a BSc in civil engineering and cement and concrete technology from the Danish Academy of Engineering in 1984. INSEAD, Young Managers Program in 1991.
During his career he has worked as President for the ready-mix concrete business in Unicon A/S, President and CEO for Cembrit Holding A/S, President and CEO for Aalborg Portland Holding A/S and Group Executive Vice President for FLSmidth & Co. A/S.
Since 2017 he is working as a professional Chairman, Vice-chairman or Board member in several industrial companies.
Alessandro Caltagirone | Vice - Chairman
Born in Rome on 27 December 1969, he graduated in Economics and Business at La Sapienza University of Rome and he has held prestigious positions in several companies. In details, he has held the following positions:
- Member of the Board of Directors of Unicredit S.p.A.
- Member of the Corporate Governance, Nomination and Sustainability Committee of Unicredit S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Remuneration Committee of Unicredit S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vianini Industria S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Vianini Lavori S.p.A.
- Member of the Executive Committee of Vianini Lavori S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cimentas A.S.
- Sole Rappresentative of Immobiliare Ara Coeli S.r.l.
- Sole Rappresentative of Alca 1969 S.r.l.
- Vice Chairman of UIR - Unione degli Industriali di Roma
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of FGC S.p.A
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fincal S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Romana Partecipazioni 2005 S.r.l.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Finanziaria Italia S.p.A.
- Sole Rappresentative of Ced 2008 S.r.l.
- Sole Rappresentative of Euclide 2000 S.r.l.
- Financial Controller of Vianini Thai construction and development.
- Expert on the subject (Business Economics) at the Faculty of Communication Science at La Sapienza University of Rome.
- Expert on the subject (Professional Techniques) at the Faculty of Economics and Business at LUISS University of Rome.
- Member of Commissione Edilizia e Territorio di ANCE - Associazione Nazionale Costruttori Edili.
- Non Executive Director and Vice Chairman of Cementir Holding N.V.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Acea S.p.A.
- Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of Aalborg Portland Holding S/A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Vianini Lavori S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Il Messaggero S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Caltagirone Editore S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Piemme S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Il Gazzettino S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Globocem A.S.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Cementir Espana A.S.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Aalborg Portland Espana SL.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Yapitek Yapi Teknolojisi San. Ve Tic. A.S.
- Member of Comitato Investimenti di Fabrica Immobiliare SGR S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Fincal S.A.
- Sole Rappresentative of Finanziaria Italia 2005 S.p.A.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ical S.p.A.
- Sole Rappresentative of Corso 2009 S.r.l.
- Chairman of the Board of Directors of Ical 3 S.r.l.
- Expert on the subject (Business Economics, Budget and Business Plan) at the Faculty of Rome La Sapienza.
Francesco Caltagirone Jr.
Born in Rome on 29 October 1968, he began his entrepreneurial career in the family business at the age of 21. After 6 years of experience in the construction sector, he joined Cementir in 1995 and has been appointed Group Chairman in 1996. His entrepreneurial vision has led the internationalization of Cementir through targeted and profitable acquisitions and investments, by transforming it from an Italian domestic company to a multinational Group with operations in 18 countries and 5 continents, a diversified business portfolio and a multicultural workforce.
Francesco Caltagirone is CEO of Cementir Holding N.V, Chairman of the Board of Cementir Holding N.V., CEO of Aalborg Portland Holding A/S, Director of Caltagirone S.p.A.- Caltagirone Editore S.p.A., Director of SUEZ S.A. and Member of the General Council of Assonime.
Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone
Born in Rome in 1943, Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone is one of the most important Italian entrepreneurs. The group he founded is today divided into 4 listed and other unlisted companies, which operate in various sectors from real estate to the production of cement, to publishing, to infrastructure to finance.
He is the publisher of Il Messaggero di Roma, Il Mattino di Napoli, Il Gazzettino di Venezia, Il Corriere Adriatico, Il Nuovo Quotidiano di Puglia and the social press Leggo. Since 2010 he has been Vice Chairman of Assicurazioni Generali of which he is now the second largest shareholder.
He is a significant shareholder of Suez Environnement, world leader company in water and environment management sectors, and Acea, multiutility of the municipality of Rome. Francesco Gaetano Caltagirone is also President of the LUISS Friends Association and in 2006 has been decorated with the Ordine al “Merito del Lavoro”, the decoration given by the President of the Italian Republic to men and women that obtained important business results.
Born in Rome on 10 march 1973, after obtaining a diploma in Art History in London, she began her career in 1996 within the Caltagirone Group. In 2000, she became Vice Chairwoman of Caltagirone Editore S.p.A., a position she still holds, and she is part of Boards of Directors of several companies in the Caltagirone Group.
- Non Executive Director and Vice Chairwoman of Cementir Holding N.V.
- Vice Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of Caltagirone S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors and CEO of Il Messaggero S.p.A.
- Chairwoman of the Board of Directors of Il Gazzettino S.p.A.
- Non Executive Director of Banca Generali S.p.A.
- Member of the Board of Directors of Aalborg Portland Holding A/S.
Graduated in Law from the University of Turin and with a master in international law, Claudio Criscuolo is a head of legal, corporate and compliance with an extensive knowledge and understanding of the industrial sector, gained in over 20 years of experience, first in an international law firm, then in Klegal (legal branch of KPMG) and in Fiat Group and finally in Cementir Holding, where he has held the position of Group General Counsel since 2013.
Within Fiat Group he held positions of increasing responsibility, for ten years, up to Deputy General Counsel, contributing to the dissolution of the alliance with General Motors, the establishment of a network of industrial partnership agreements at worldwide level and the merger with Chrysler Group.
In Cementir Holding he has played a key role in the internationalization process of the Group, closing important M&A cross-border deals, including the acquisition of LWCC in the USA and the sale of Italian operations in 2018 and completing the transfer of the registered office to the Netherlands in 2019.
Over the years he has received numerous awards, among which repeatedly the one for the best legal directorship.
He is recognized by Legal500 among the best in-house counsels at international level. He is Cementir Holding N.V. secretary of the Board of directors.
Marco Maria Bianconi
MBA at the New York University Stern School of Business, class 1996, Finance major. Graduated with honors in Economics and Commerce at LUISS University in Rome in 1988, Chartered Accountant since 1989 and Certified Public Accountant until 2016.
In 2003 he joined Caltagirone SpA as Finance Director and then moved to Cementir in 2008 as Chief Planning, Budget and Control. Since 2012 he is Head of M&A and IR. Chairman of the BoD of China, Malaysia and the US subsidiaries and member of the BoD of various operating companies.
Previous work experiences include 8 years at Fidelity Investments UK as Analyst and Portfolio Manager, Merrill Lynch and CSFB in New York. He has served as a non-executive director of ACEA, Banca Antonveneta, Montepaschi Leasing & Factoring, Fabrica Immobiliare SGR.