FUTURECEM™ – low carbon cement technology
FUTURECEM™ road bridge
What is FUTURECEMᵀᴹ?
- is the result of Cementir Group’s extensive applied research which covers the whole production process, from raw materials assessment to manufacturing and cement application. FUTURECEMTM is a proprietary technology patented in US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, India, China and Australia;
- it relies on the synergy between calcined clay and limestone filler which allows over than 40% clinker replacement in cement, depending on clay type, but keeping the same performance of a pure Portland cement;
- it is a proven innovation, which is being used for building two bridges in Denmark (project “Green Concrete II”).
Why is FUTURECEMᵀᴹ more sustainable than ordinary cement?
FUTURECEMTM is more sustainable because it:
- determines approx. 30% CO2 emission reduction in the manufacturing phase;
- enables production of durable concrete with reduced clinker content by exploiting synergies of two largely available materials;
- is fully acknowledged as a solution for clinker ratio reduction in the roadmap for “Low Carbon transition in the cement industry” by the International Energy Agency – 2018 and as “low clinker cements” in the “Cementing the European Green Deal”-2020, making Cementir Group the frontrunner.;
- is also recognized into EN 197-5 European standard for II/C-M cements (See page n°4 of the attached document)